Plans, coordinates, performs product design, testing and/or analysis work for a complete project of broad scope or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project. Operates in a team environment and may act as lead person, providing technical leadership and design solutions. May assign, coordinate and review portions of the work to other engineers and support personnel. Provides technical consultation and a knowledge base. Recognized as an expert across a product line.
Expert user of critical technology. Develops new applications of technology for product development. Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects of moderate scope. Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications. This may include possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel. Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel. Provides technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations. Develops and/or executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation. Leads in resolution of product-line based difficult technical issues whether within the company or with outside suppliers.
This position is responsible for the preparation of engine component designs and associated engineering in support of prototype engine testing. The position is also responsible for assembly work instructions and related build support. A candidate for this position should have extensive experience (15+ years) in the design of engine castings, cylinder heads, and the associated analysis used to validate the design of such parts. Must have 15 years' experience with ProE/Creo.
The following duties will be performed:
- Design concept and prototype cylinder heads, valve trains, intake and exhaust manifolds for advanced engine development work.
- Use independent engineering analysis and judgment in the execution of designs.
- Prepare CAD models appropriate for more detailed analysis as necessary (i.e. computational fluid dynamics (CFD), finite element analysis (FEA), conjugate heat transfer analysis (CHT), and multi body systems analysis (MBS))
- Collaborate with analysis experts as necessary to prepare, modify and update designs to meet functional requirements.
- Prepare for and hold design reviews of new prototype components and systems.
- Document all design activity with CAD models, design drawings, analysis results, and design review presentation materials.
- Update prototype CAD work into client PLM system.
- Provide information and visit prototype component suppliers as necessary.
The above duties are complex and require the theoretical and practical application of highly specialized knowledge.
The work will be performed on client premises in order to facilitate access to CAD files, design documentation and propriety information as necessary.
Need to ensure candidates have 15+ years work experience with Cylinder Head Design.
Cedar Falls, IA
P O BOX 413
WOODINVILLE, WA 98072