Aircraft structural engineer with experience in composite aircraft airframe design and manufacturing for production. The main task of this role is to perform conceptual to detail design of primary and secondary structure under the direction of the Engineering lead and/or Manager. Engineers in this position are expected to understand load paths and basic structure sizing techniques. This role will provide design engineering support to a rapid prototyping manufacturing floor and flight test environment.
- Perform preliminary and detail design of metallic and composite structure, including initial sizing of joints, structure layout and design for manufacturing.
- Ability to understand and design for primary and secondary load paths.
- Create 3D/2D definition of parts, assemblies and installations.
- Establish manufacturing tolerances for production of structural components using GD&T.
- Participate in the Engineering definition review, approval and release process.
- Support the review of manufacturing plans and procedures to ensure compliance with design requirements.
- Support the creation of structural test plans which will be used to verify manufacturing processes meet design intent and requirements.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a concentration in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- 5-10 years’ or more experience in Aircraft Composite fabrication and assembly processes
- CAD experience -CATIA V5 essential, CPD experience desired
- 2D drawing creation
- GD&T skills experience and ASME Y14.5M-1994
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management tools (PLM software) and configuration management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Organizational Skills and problem-solving skills
- Strong team player
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15)
- Experience with the design of flight vehicles or vehicle systems to a set of requirements or standards such as CFR 14, Part 400, Part 23 and 25, military or NASA are highly desired.