** Candidates must either have a current Secret clearance or have had a Secret clearance in the last two years. They must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level **
** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens **
** Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Permanent residents are not eligible for this role. Dual citizens are not eligible for this role. Also, candidates with a current non-U.S. passport in addition to a U.S. passport are not eligible **
- Under general direction, performs engineering design assignments requiring a wide application of advanced principles, theories and concepts in the field plus a working knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Provides imaginative, thorough, and practicable solutions to a wide range of technical design problems.
- Performs design calculations to validate design requirements.
- Provides data in support of contract data requirements list (CDRL) submittals.
- Participates in preliminary and critical design reviews, drawing reviews, recommending changes as necessary.
- Participates as a member of a project team.
- Responsible for escalating in a timely manner when commitment dates of assigned and individual work cannot be met.
- Check engineering drawings, design packages and related data for compliance to contractual requirements, accuracy, completeness and geometric tolerance standards.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations or failure to get results may result in project delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Inter-organizational and resident customer contacts are frequent while outside customer contacts are occasional in providing solutions to technical problems associated with specific assignment.
- Must be an experienced and proficient NX CAD designer.
- Position requires experience using CAD database management tools (WindChill preferred).
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to operate effectively in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), the ability to read and interpret drawings and related specifications is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is required (MS Word, MS Powerpoint).
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and inspection requirements is a plus.
- Bachelors degree in an appropriate discipline and nine (9) years of related technical experience as engineering designer or equivalent combination of education and experience.
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230