Applies electrical, industrial and/or mechanical engineering techniques in the development of work instruction documentation, process procedures, and tooling and fixturing. Develops process layouts and oversees equipment installation on capital projects. Provides technical problem solving and training to operational personnel.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Reviews and interprets product design drawings and develops work instructions and process procedures to enable operational personnel to produce products in accordance with design specifications.
2. Develops process routings and labor standards for use in proposal cost estimating and shop floor control scheduling requirements.
3. Prepares labor, material, tooling and equipment cost estimates for proposals. 4. Develops and implements production process layouts and producibility plans. 5. Develops capital equipment specifications and supports capital equipment justification, installation and start-up.
6. Designs tooling and fixturing for use in the production and inspection of company products.
7. Implements statistical process control and conducts process capability studies on critical processes.
8. Participates in design reviews to ensure the manufacturability of proposed designs.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
B.S. Business, Engineering or Physical Science with three (3) years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
This is a Direct Hire position with opportunity for growth!