PDS Tech is seeking a Maintenance Technician for a growing company in Louisville, KY. This would be a direct hire opportunity and paying full benefits on day one!
This position is responsible for providing maintenance support to a foam extrusion operation. The candidate must have a strong background in controls (PLC) and electrical troubleshooting, mechanical processes, and pneumatic and hydraulic systems. They must have a functional understanding of bulk material transport equipment to include loaders, hoppers, and vacuum system. The candidate should possess basic computer skills, have a good work ethic, and be safety minded with the ability to work in a group environment or independently. A basic understanding of Continuous Improvement is a plus.
- Availability for overtime, other shifts for training, and covering for peers on occasion
- Experience using a computer (SAP, MS Office, Lotus Notes experience desired)
- Ability to drive a forklift
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience working with plastics extrusion process or similar equipment
- Able to stand for entire shift and traverse the warehouse
- 2 year technical degree required, electrical preferred
- Industrial Electrical experience preferred
- Minimize equipment downtime and improve equipment reliability
- Work frequently with maintenance shop equipment (lathe, drill press, etc).
- Work with equipment and troubleshoot
- Make safety improvements
- Use of MS Office
- Work OT and weekends as needed