THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Systems Engineer II / in support of V- 22 Software development DO-178C IN
163391 Systems Engineer II
Work Site Address: Indianapolis IN
Job Number: 8733643
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 12 Months
Position Type: Contract
Systems Engineer in support of V- 22 Software development effort. This Systems Engineering position involves guiding the implementation of the development of a display product from a DO-178C DAL B approach. The person filling this role will be primarily responsible for developing the DO-178C approach, working with the team to document the plans and methodology and assisting and guiding the team to follow the developed plans in order to develop a software product that is to be certified to DO-178C DAL B. This person will work closely with the Systems Engineering Lead and with both the Systems and Software development team. A background in display software and standards as well as an understanding of embedded computing is desired. Experience in the development and demonstrated certification of software to DO-178C standard is a requirement.
• Experienced cybersecurity practitioner in an embedded computing environment preferred
• Embedded software development background with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) preferred
• ARINC-661 experience desired
• DO-254 experience desired
• DO-178C experience required
• Background in Ethernet and MIL-STD-1553 desired
• Background in safety critical aviation infrastructure
• Ethernet network design, development and implementation.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate across an IPT, with customers and with other program teammates.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Systems Engineering process and discipline knowledge and experience in application of such to both software and avionics development and integration.
• Ability to work with multiple organizations and to work complex and sophisticated issues.
Experience and Background:
• Bachelors of Science in an Engineering Field such as Aeronautical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• Experience in defense related systems engineering
• Experience in communicating and presenting to customers and management. Required Experience/Education: 6 years’ experience with Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Aeronautical, Computer Engineering)
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807