Design Engineer / Catia V5 PDM / Landing gear experience required / Must have aerospace experience and be strong in conceptual design, be familiar and comfortable working with oleo pneumatic, cantilever shock design, trailing arm, shock struts OH
**Must have aerospace experience and be strong in conceptual design, be familiar and comfortable working with oleo pneumatic, cantilever shock design, trailing arm, shock struts.
Reporting to the Project Head, as the lead Design Engineer, you will be responsible for coordinating with the customer and developing complete Landing Gear layouts in response to customer requirements and UTAS-LS design methodologies. This will involve conducting and documenting trade studies, developing complete Landing Gear design layouts, and provide input/guidance to the customer for landing system procurement specification development and maturation during the joint development phase of the program. You will also be responsible for preparing and delivering presentations to the customer as required.
• Technical responsibility for all design related tasks of the project while working with the following:
o Project Head to ensure that design tasks are properly managed to achieve end item deliverables in accordance with project plans
o Integrated Product Team (IPT) to ensure Engineering integration into overall program requirements
o Divisional Engineering teams to ensure that engineering integrity is achieved, engineering procedures are complied, lessons learned are addressed and a robust product is developed
• Executes design activities including:
o Customer / Suppliers:
Liaise with customer/Suppliers for all design related issues
Foster strong customer relationships through accountability, transparency and credibility
Assist with development and maturation of system procurement specification and statement of work
o Integration / Planning:
Responsible and accountable for all design tasks and its completion dates
Sets design priorities and objectives with a strong drive to meet expectations
Communicates progress and roadblocks with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) and the Project Head
o Design Tasks
Develops, reviews, recommends, coordinates design, design change activity with customer, other Company disciplines including production and manufacturing engineering
Generates design documentation such as trade studies, tolerance stack-ups, interface agreements, installation and proximity sensing analysis
Investigates design related issues and develops effective solutions
Develop Landing Gear and Landing Gear mechanisms from customer specifications considering regulatory requirements and UTAS-LS Engineering methodologies.
Generate design layouts, developmental and kinematic assemblies within Catia V5
Utilize UTAS New Product Introduction tools to facilitate execution for design related tasks as required
Present designs at internal and external design reviews to ensure the design meets requirements and expectations
Develop and achieve agreement on Landing Gear interfaces with customers and suppliers.
o Problem Resolution
Performs Engineering investigations into failures and participates in Root Cause and Corrective Action
Ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of problems
Ensures compliance to UTAS-LS engineering methodologies by providing direction/guidance to the design team.
Maintains compliance to ITAR and regulatory requirements
• Occasional travel between customer/suppliers and UTAS-LS locations.
• May be asked to complete other tasks based on skills and qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering required or a minimum of 10 years of experience in Landing Gear design and development
• Minimum of 10 years of experience within the Aerospace industry; must include extensive experience in New Product Development of transport and / or military type aircraft components and assemblies
• Demonstrated ability to work with PDM (Smarteam, MatrixOne, Team Center) system
• Demonstrated ability to utilize Catia V5 with strong emphasis on solid modeling and kinematics
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and suppliers
• Understanding of performance based specification requirements, requirements management and verification.
• In-depth knowledge of MS programs (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point)
• Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR & CCGP
• Demonstrated values in alignment with UTAS Four Gears including Ethical Behavior, Customer Focused Improvement, Accountability & Teamwork and Openness & Trust
• US citizen, permanent resident alien or able to review all export-controlled technical information.
12 month contract
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807