Location: Jupiter, FL
Rate: $70.00 - $75.00/HR
1 year contract
** Candidates must either have an Active Secret clearance or have had a Secret clearance in the last two years.**
** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens **
** Candidates must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Permanent residents are NOT eligible for this role. Dual citizens are NOT eligible for this role. Also, candidates with a current non-U.S. passport in addition to a U.S. passport are NOT eligible **
** Candidates must have experience with ANSYS **
- Assist other engineers and designers engaged with the development and production of new and existing liquid rocket engine and hypersonic propulsion system components and secondary structure.
- Perform structural analyses utilizing classic hand-calculation methods and finite element models.
- Construct and solve static and dynamic finite element models with ANSYS.
- Independently exercise expertise to provide guidance to program/product team and other structural analysis team members.
- Interpret analytical results, assess design margins and prepare technical reports.
- This position requires a BS in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics and at least 5 years of engineering experience with structural analysis.
- Demonstrated experience performing linear and non-linear analyses supporting design, development and production qualification of new or updated products is required.
- Proficiency using finite element analysis tools such as ANSYS is required.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and Power Point) is required.
- 10 years combined education/experience and experience with aerospace product development efforts is desired.
- Experience interfacing with structural dynamics and using system model results is beneficial.
- Experience with static and rotating (turbines, pumps etc) structures is a plus.