Pay Rate max - $70-75/hour, depending on their experience and knowledge.
12 month + assignment
**Looking for an advanced concept developer, strong dynamics background, ADAMS program, hydraulic damping experience, oil volume ratio monitoring. Does not necessarily have to have aerospace background, automotive could work as well.
Reporting to the Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for performing static/dynamic loads, retraction and vibration analysis for landing gear in response to regulatory / customer requirements and UTAS performance methodologies. You will also conduct sensitivity studies, perform trade studies, generate design study summary reports, prepare and present results to the customer at program reviews.
• Provide technical guidance for all performance related tasks of the project assigned while working with the following:
o Lead Engineer to ensure that performance tasks are properly managed to achieve project goals
o Integrated Product Team (IPT) to ensure Engineering integration into overall program requirements
o Divisional Engineering teams to ensure that engineering integrity is achieved, engineering procedures are complied, lessons learned are addressed and a robust trouble-free product is developed
• Executes performance activities including:
o Customer / Suppliers:
o Liaise with customer/Suppliers for all performance related tasks
o Foster strong customer relationships through accountability, transparency and credibility
• Integration / Planning:
o Responsible and accountable for all performance tasks and its completion dates
o Communicates progress and roadblocks to the Lead Engineer
o Requires a good understanding of landing gear shock strut and actuation principles and operation.
• Responsible for performing
o Static/dynamic loads and vibration analysis for landing gear, actuation and subsystem structural design criteria;
o Perform derivation of design loads and analysis of dynamic performance to ensure that customer and certification requirements are satisfied;
o Develop the structural dynamics models and compute dynamic loads;
o Perform systems hydraulic simulations
o Develop operational and certification performance reports
o Compute landing gear dynamic loads and landing impact for optimizing landing gear absorption characteristics
o Perform dynamic analysis for optimizing retraction timing
o Identify critical loading conditions and documentation of results in formal Engineering Reports
o Be responsible for the providing detail sizing definition to designers and stress analysts.
o Ensures compliance to UTAS-LS Engineering methodologies
o Maintains compliance to ITAR and regulatory requirements
o Occasional travel between customer/suppliers and UTAS locations
o Perform other duties as required
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in analysis tools and techniques
o 5 years of experience within the Aerospace industry; must include extensive experience in development of transport and / or military type aircraft
• Demonstrated experience using ADAMS, Matlab / Simulink
• Demonstrated ability to work with PDM (Smarteam, MatrixOne, Team Center) system
• Demonstrated ability to utilize Catia V5
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and suppliers
• Understanding of performance based specification requirements, requirements management and verification.
• In-depth knowledge of MS programs (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point)
• Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR & CCGP
• Demonstrated values in alignment with UTAS Four Gears including Ethical Behavior, Customer Focused Improvement, Accountability & Teamwork and Openness & Trust
• US citizen, permanent resident alien or able to review all export-controlled technical information.
12 month contract
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807