Mechanical Design Engineer
Successful candidate will work in a small team environment as part of one of our Mechanical Engineering design teams.
Tasks will include creating engineering drawings of custom aircraft interior/mechanical components and systems.
Attention to visual appearance/aesthetics of completed designs is very important.
Excellent communication skills and ability to work with operations technicians on the shop floor is required.
Experience with sheet metal, metallic, and composite honeycomb, wood, veneer and cabinetry/ furniture design is a plus.
• Bachelors or higher degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering at an accredited 4 year University preferred.
• Minimum of 18 months related engineering experience with a Bachelor's degree.
• Must have good basic 2D drafting skills- view layout, projection, section views, dimensioning, etc.
• Experience with Catia V5 and AutoCAD preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of aircraft.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline
2. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones
3. Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity
4. Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments
5. Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy
6. Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
2. Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise
3. Performs other duties as assigned
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
2. Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures
3. Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats
5. Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues
6. Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity
7. With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff