This position is for the Boeing Engineering Parts Technical Support department (EPTS) under Boeing’s Emergent Build Center (EBC). EPTS operates and provides round-the-clock customer support on a 24 hour 7 days a week basis. EPTS provides engineering subject matter expertise for spare parts manufacturing and operations.
● Provide immediate, rapid and diligent engineering response to our customers’ technical inquiries related to spare parts manufacturing for out-of-production aircraft.
● Review, approve and process Spares Material Authorization License (Authority to Manufacture) requests. Manufacturing Engineer will need to analyze, investigate and internal manufacturing capabilities prior to SMAL fulfillment.
● Make recommendations for spares configurations on customers’ Authority to Manufacture requests.
● Handle general quotes and orders by acknowledging requests, cataloging parts in IT systems, validate parts history, determine replacements/inter-changibility, and recommend preferred configurations to resolve manufacturing and supplier related issues.
● Perform producibility assessments for part or product designs.
● Demonstrate knowledge in manufacturing processing such as machining, milling, welding, brazing, sheet metals, breakform, handform, extrusion, forging, rolling, bending and casting.
● Develop, implement and maintain various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configurations.
● Interact primarily with internal personnel, inter-organizational and external customers on routine matters.
● Create quote back up sheets to provide suppliers’ summaries of part manufacturing requirements.
● Support computerized systems transition from Boeing Legacy systems to SAP and perform data cleansing activities.
● Work effectively and cooperatively with direct team members, supervisors, and other cross-departmental teams.
● Must be flexible to changing working schedules to provide coverage and support 24 x 7 operations
● Must be willing to work on Weekends and Holidays on-site
● Must be willing to work 2nd (afternoon to evening) and 3rd (evening to morning) shifts
● Familiarity with SAP a plus
● Background in Aerospace manufacturing a plus
● Establish and maintain good working relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated, and included in discussions
● Place high priority on team and/or organization goals
● Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy and motivation
● Proactive in offering assistance to direct team members, supervisor, and cross-departmental teams.
● MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Project) productivity and computing skills
●Bachelor's degree and typically 2 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with experience in an engineering classification. Required: Bachelor or Master degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering is preferred.
● 2+ years of manufacturing and/or machine shop environment experience
● General knowledge of supply-chain manufacturing and procurement processes
Seal Beach, CA
up to $50/hour
1750 112TH AVE NE STE C228
BELLEVUE, WA 98004