Description: PDS Tech is seeking an MP&P Engineer 2 for an open position in Ridley Park, PA. In your role, you will:
The contractor will perform tasks associated with metallurgical laboratory evaluations and failure analysis of CH-47 Chinook helicopter drivetrain and rotor system components.
Use laboratory equipment to support analyses, e.g. binocular microscopes, scanning electron microscopes, digital photography, hardness testers, non-destructive inspection equipment, metallographic sample prep, X-ray diffractometer, etc.
Document analysis results in well-structured technical reports. Interface with engineers, management, and technical staff.
Learn how the Materials Engineering group works with other organizations (e.g. Design, Stress and Test), and operates within a large company setting.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
• Must possess experience and knowledge of aerospace metallic materials and processes.
• Must possess experience/working knowledge of standard metallurgical analysis laboratory equipment, and be able to enthusiastically learn analysis skills and procedures
• Must be comfortable working in various environments including hands-on laboratory and professional office settings
• Must possess good interpersonal communication, multi-tasking skills, intermediate skills with MS Word and Excel, and have strong technical writing background
• Must be able to apply basic engineering and scientific principles to determine solutions to technical problems in support of a project leader.