Ground Support Equipment Design Engineer IV
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Rate: $50.00 - $60.00/HR
Duration: 6 month contract
Shift: 1st Shift
** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens **
** Permanent residents are NOT eligible for this role **
** Dual citizens are NOT eligible for this role. Also, candidates with a current non-U.S. passport in addition to a U.S. passport are NOT acceptable **
** Ground Support Equipment (GSE) experience is required. (Aerospace Assembly Support Equipment Design & Product Design Experience / Position requires knowledge of aerospace handling, installation and transportation methods and products to support / In this position you will be required to gather technical requirements from various operations, manufacturing, assembly and component disciplines / Support Equipment for Engine assembly, test and delivery of Large Liquid Rocket engines) **
** Creo and Windchill experience are required **
** 10+ years experience and a Bachelors Degree or equivalent is required **
- Under minimal supervision, performs engineering clean sheet design assignments requiring a wide application of CAD utilization, Data management/drawing tracking & Design Change implementation.
- Must be able to turn requirements into design concepts for team reviews and finalization of Technical Product Definition packages.
- Leads preliminary and critical design review preparations.
- Participates as a member of a project team responsible for escalating issues in a timely manner when commitment dates of assigned and individual work cannot be met.
- Review engineering drawings, design packages and related data for compliance to internal process requirements, accuracy and completeness.
- Support to Inter-organizational Product Teams are frequent and providing solutions to technical issues is required.
- Aerospace Assembly Support Equipment Design & Product Design Experience Required (GSE).
- Position requires knowledge of aerospace handling, installation and transportation methods and products to support.
- In this position you will be required to gather technical requirements from various operations, manufacturing, assembly and component disciplines.
- Support Equipment for Engine assembly, test and delivery of Large Liquid Rocket engines.
- Must be an experienced engineer with a knowledge of CAD using PTC Creo2.
- Position requires experience using CAD database management tools (Windchill/Teamcenter preferred).
- Pre-verification of CAD models and drawings in the PLM system is also required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills and must be able to operate effectively in a team environment.
- Expert knowledge of reading and interpreting drawings and related specifications is also required.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel is required (MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Excel) to track assignments of Product teams.
- Bachelors degree in an appropriate discipline and 10 years of related technical experience as engineering designer or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Design and Manufacturing is a must.
Canoga Park, CA
$50.00 - $60.00/HR
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230