THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Electrical Wire Harness Designer
Electrical Wire Harness Designer - Eng II
Location: Savannah, GA
Rate: $40.00 - $50.00/HR
Long Term contract
- Develop electrical wiring interconnect systems (EWIS), capable of resolving all technical issues relating to EWIS.
- Produce and maintain wiring diagrams, cable/wire harness assemblies, and rack/panel designs from electrical system schematics adhering to EWIS requirements.
- Select qualified electrical components such as connectors, backshells, and other parts.
- Must have intimate knowledge of and ability to assign wires/cables to their correct harness assembly, based on EMI/EMC and system separation or system functionality requirements while meeting all installation and maintainability requirements.
- Aerospace Experience is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and computer skills (PC/MS Office) are required
- Candidate must be well-organized and able to balance multiple tasks, detail oriented, possess good judgment, and exercise initiative
- Knowledge of Mentor Graphics Capital Harness Systems (CHS) is strongly desired
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 18 months related engineering experience with Bachelors degree. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for Masters Degree and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job position.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Functions: 1. Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline 2. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones 3. Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity 4. Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments 5. Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy 6. Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures
Additional Functions: 1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements 2. Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise 3. Performs other duties as assigned
Other Requirements: 1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline 2. Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures 3. Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources 4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats 5. Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues 6. Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity 7. With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff
$40.00 - $50.00/HR
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230