Description: PDS Tech is seeking a candidate for the Production Worker position located in Geneva, OH. Performs all tasks associated with the assembly of Elster Perfection products, while following written and verbal work instructions, routings and blueprints. Each operator is responsible for working in a safe and efficient manner as prescribed by company policy, as well as meeting productivity requirements for each job performed and producing quality products.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform all aspects of production related to Elster Perfection products while meeting productivity requirements for each job. Utilize existing and new equipment, machinery and processes necessary to complete the production of Elster Perfection products in a safe and efficient manner. Packaging of finished goods for the assigned workstation.
• Read and follow routings and drawings and perform work as assigned by the production supervisor.
• Locate, transport, store, stage, and deliver all types of materials related to the manufacturing process from raw goods to finished goods as required by production schedules or supervisors.
• Perform all set-ups, minor adjustments to machines and minor maintenance of assigned workstation.
• Check the prepared shop packet for correctness of materials, assembly tools, and gages before and during each manufacturing operation.
• Perform visual inspections of manufactured products in accordance with Quality standards.
• Accurate reporting of shop floor data related to production and quality, both manually and electronically. Communication of in process items with employees on other shifts.
• Report safety issues and work related accidents as they arise to the Supervisor.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Each operator is responsible for housekeeping within his or her assigned workstations, including the removal of waste and scrap on a daily basis.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
OTHER FUNCTIONS: • Responsible to report safety issues and work related accidents as they arise to the Supervisor.
• Objectives and measures of the EH&S system are to be understood as follows: prevent pollution, injuries and hazards, to continual improve, and to follow legal requirements.
• Perform normal daily maintenance that may require and include cleaning, greasing, lubricating.
• Employees with specialized training or certifications may be required to perform specific aspects of production as assigned by the Supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• A high school diploma (or GED equivalent), the ability to read, write, understand basic math, basic computer skills and follow written and verbal instruction are required.
• 1-2 years of experience in an industrial setting is preferred.
• Must have the ability to interpret production documents that may include drawings, bills of material, routings, pick lists and manufacturing orders