Metrology Tech II
Performs technical work related to the gathering of highly accurate 3 dimensional data used to set up aircraft tooling and perform measurement studies on in-process or completed aircraft.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Perform periodic inspections to ensure compliance per FAA requirements and approved quality procedures.
2. Provide assistance tooling mechanics to set or reset tooling details during periodic inspections or tooling installations.
3. Conduct measurement studies on in-process or completed aircraft based on planned schedules or un-planned demand.
4. Coordinate with operations to schedule inspections that will have minimal impact on aircraft production.
5. Utilize Metrologic model based inspection processes within CATIA V5, gather 3D inspection data and provide basic real time analysis.
6. Assist in the development and documentation of standards for the handling and utilization of metrology equipment.
7. Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; validates measurement results for accuracy and repeatability.
8. Ensure proper use and storage of tools, equipment and supplies. Advise management of any associated problems or other requirements.
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Experience with Metrolog software preferred but any 3D model based metrology software is acceptable (SA, Verisurf, Polyworks, etc.)