PDS Tech is seeking a HR Specialist in Columbus, MS
This role is considered a precursor role to HR Analytics, HR support systems, HR Generalist, Compensation Analysis, or Recruiting. This role allows one to explore various areas of Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology, as it will play a pivotal and dynamic role in supporting the data integrity. In this role you will be primarily responsible for supporting the function of the Human Resources Business Partners and Employee Relations team. This position manages a variety of special projects as needed.
This will be a short term contract assignments of approximately 7-8 weeks in duration.
HR and Organizational Administration: 45%
- Coordinate HR information to ensure 100% data integrity in ADP and SAP
- Complete and provide onboarding paperwork for entry into the HCM system in preparation of first day of employment.
- Manage processes connected with the onboarding of new employees, transfers, expats and employee changes including but not limited to ADP/SAP data entry, I-9 administration, personnel file creation and other transactions as needed
- Perform termination administration duties, largely consisting of ensuring data entry and communication to respective departments
- Ensure the organizations/departments/teams are correct and updated in the HR systems and make appropriate modifications/updates in a timely manner
- Provide guidance and administration oversight of FMLA/STD/LTD for employees.
- Maintain weekly staffing chart and staffing chart details.
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Support HRBP's by fielding questions about the HR tools
- Support employees and field questions and provide the appropriate guidance or direction to the employee
- Recruiting flow/closure of interviews
- Support outreach functions for the company
- Assist with scheduling/supporting monthly lunch and learn venues as needed
- Coordinating with One Roof Recruiting team and HRBPs for scheduling of interviews for open positions
- Act as backup to HRBPs for Recruiting including intake meetings, HR interviews, offer letter creation and actual offers.
- Verify candidate successfully completed the pre-employment background check and drug screen processes; following up on any open items.
- Facilitate I-9 and E-Verify process; following up on any e-verify non-confirmation results to comply with government regulations.
- Coordinate/administer company drug testing program in accordance with DOT/Federal governance
- Ensure I-9s are archived in the electronic system when employees terminate.
- Coordinating with HRBPs and vendor, capture data for Affirmative Action Plan reporting.\
- Other duties as assigned: 10%
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Required: Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field of study
- Required: Minimum of 5 years HRIS or HR support role
- Preferred: 3 + years' experience with ADP Vantage and/or WorkforceNow, Additional experience with Workday HCM is highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated knowledge in key HR software and systems and reporting tools (e.g. ADP Vantage, Workday etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues, determine appropriate solutions and resolve sensitive problems.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation; ability to provide service and remain focused even during emotionally charged circumstances.
- Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgement effectively
- A highly proactive, solution-oriented approach to work and interactions.
- Strong team player skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse individuals at all levels of an organization.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Excellent PC skills, specifically Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- 5 % Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- This role is required to coordinate a large amount of data and HR projects with very little oversight. The HR Specialist is integral in ensuring regulatory compliance for various entities including, but not limited to, Federal Aviation Administration Department of Transportation, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs, etc.
- Reports to VP, HR and EHS
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This role will support the HRBPs and internal customers
- This person must be well-organized, a self-starter and able to function with little direction
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved communication on a daily basis with internal and external parties
- Onsite: 90%
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports on a daily basis.
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear safety warnings or alarms on a daily basis.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications on a daily basis.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment daily.
- Carrying: able to carry documents, electronic equipment, paper bundles, etc. up to 15lbs on a daily basis
- Lifting: able to lift documents, electronic equipment, paper bundles, etc. up to 15lbs on a daily basis
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment occasionally
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on computer daily.
- Squatting / Kneeling: able to squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items stored on low shelving several times a week.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor daily.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice occasionally
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office daily and production areas including uneven surfaces occasionally.