PDS is seeking an Autoclave Operator Tech II for an open position in Tulsa, OK
In a team oriented work environment, under moderate supervision assists with the set up and operation of autoclaves and auxiliary equipment to cure and bond metallic, fiberglass and carbon fiber aircraft parts in a production environment.
- Basic set up and operation of autoclaves and auxiliary equipment to cure and bond metallic and nonmetallic aircraft parts and assemblies according to Gulfstream specifications.
- Reads and interprets electronic travel documents and related paper work
- Assists with the selection of parts and assemblies for simultaneous bonding, based on similarity of processing requirements and autoclave capacity.
- Assists with the arrangement of bonding racks and tools containing parts and assemblies and strategically loads and positions racks in autoclaves.
- Connects thermocouples and vacuum lines to fittings on parts and ports and thermocouple plugs inside the autoclave.
- Populates and confirms required part number, thermocouple and vacuum port information into autoclave computerized operating system.
- Adjusts manual controls and/or enters commands into computerized operating system to regulate and activate autoclave power supply, cooling system, vacuum, heat and pressure gauges and recorders.
- Monitors instruments, switches, and recorders and listens for warning signals during autoclave operation to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, supports the company FOD and 5S program, and complies with all safety regulations.
- Retrieves lay-up tools from tool storage and preps, releases and places tools in bond room for lay-up operation.
- Break down and cleaning of tools containing cured parts.
- Storing of cleaned tools in specified storage area.
- Ensures that parts, lab samples, and related paper work are processed and taken to proper location.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Two (2) years related autoclave operational experience.
1. Must have a basic knowledge of computers and related operational systems.
2. Must have valid drivers license to obtain GAC cart and forklift license.
3. Must possess and use a Q-Stamp to include all approved processes associated with autoclave operations. New hires will be required. to obtain a Q-Stamp and should have autoclave certification within twelve (12) months.
4. Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
5. Must be skilled in the use of special tools and equipment to include precision measuring devices such as 6 scale, 1 micrometer, 6 dial caliper.
6. Must have good operational understanding of overhead cranes, forklifts and electric tow mules and all other tools required. to perform the job.
7. Must have basic ability to read, comprehend and implement Gulfstream manufacturing procedures as well as the mathematical ability to calculate autoclave run times, appropriate temperature/pressure settings and expiration date and times for parts being bonded.