The Engineering Draftsperson assists the Engineering Department in its daily operation. This position is responsible and accountable for ensuring the accuracy of all documents released from the engineering department. Duties include assignment of incoming request from Sales, Production, Quality and other all drafting personnel regarding documents. Documents include production prints, sketches for quoting, catalog, visual shop aids, engineering standards and MD manuals. Responsible for 3D modeling of plastic, die-cast and sheet metal components as required. Coordinates with engineers to create and finalize 3D models for designs and applications to meet customer requirements.
Primary responsibilities of the role:
• Works with Engineers as a team to develop documents to support customer and manufacturing request.
• Checks all drawings according to Engineering Standards, in order that the drawings may have a high standard of excellence for document release procedures.
• Update and maintains Production Print viewer for Current drawings, T-drawings, Tool drawings, Customer Scanned drawings and Vendor drawings. Work with engineers to resolve any issues relating to product print approval processes.
• Responsible for engineering document maintenance for accuracy of part numbers, technical information, general format, ease of reading and professionalism of the general layout.
• Creates Engineering Sketches as required. The sketches must be signed off by an engineer before releasing to the appropriate department.
Education/ Certification / Experience Required:
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
• Graduate from Certified Drafting Program or BS in related Technical Degree in the management of engineering documents.
• Demonstrated ability in AutoCAD, Inventor 3-D and/or Pro-E software
• A thorough understanding of Windows Office operating systems.
Education/ Certification / Experience Preferred:
• Experience in drafting and document control using 3D model and 2D print layout.
• Design experience with assembly, sheet metal, die-casting, and plastic injection molded components
• Autodesk Certification
Skills & Knowledge Required:
• Good written and verbal communication skills; active listener.
• Dedicated to meeting expectations and requirements of both internal and external customers.
• Ability to establish & maintain effective, trusting relationships with customers and able to keep their expectations in mind.
• Ability to sets goals & objectives and measures performance against goals and evaluate results.
• Quality, quantity and timely delivery of outputs are consistently within project goals and customer requirements.
• Conscientious in the allocation of resources; getting more things done with less.
• Provides goods and services that consistently meet or exceed the standards and expectations of their customers
• An independent, self-starter
• A team player. Always helpful and willing to help others succeed.
• Gets results because of excellence at planning, priority setting and execution.
• Eagerly learns new skills and capabilities to improve and sets learning new skills a high priority.
• Must present self with a professional appearance
• Extensive computer work
• Ability to climb stairs to get to office space
• Prolonged periods of sitting (desk job)
FOSTER DESIGN'S BENEFITS:
• Working for a 53-year old company
• Minimum 6 Paid Holidays
• Blue Cross Blue Shield – Group Medical Insurance Plan
• MetLife – Long Term Disability Insurance
• Immediate 401K participation, 1 year 100% vesting schedule, matching employer contribution
• Vacation Pay
• Paid Weekly (Direct Deposit)
No - Local Talent Only
3-4 Months or Longer
FOSTER DESIGN INC
200 W DOUGLAS AVE STE 110
WICHITA, KS 67202