STS AeroStaff Services is currently hiring Aerospace Repair Engineers for open positions in Everett, Washington.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-877-707-5767.
Provide repair solutions for in service aircraft and aircraft in heavy maintenance. Applicant will have relevant airline, MRO, or OEM in-service support experience. Solutions consist of the engineering design and support documentation suitable for FAA and customer approval for modifications and/or complex repairs on aircraft and components. Duties will include accomplishment of task assignments as directed from a Project Lead or Engineering Management. Develop and substantiate engineering documents and provide assistance, mentorship, and training for less-experienced engineering staff, and interact with different members of internal and external organizations. Provide on-site support for shop personnel and act as on-site liaison for company engineering functions.
• Develop and substantiate complex aircraft repairs using standard accepted industry practices
• Produce technical investigation for which FAA approval can be obtained to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulatory, customer, OEM, client, operations, and maintenance requirements
• Review existing technical data, technical drawings, and previous history for entire airframe structure, mechanical / hydraulic systems and components, engine pylon/struts, and landing gear; in addition, some avionics, indication, lighting, and electrical systems are occasionally reviewed
• Background should be familiar with composite structures and components
• Provide written technical accomplishment instructions for complex aircraft and component repairs or modifications to maintenance, customer, and regulatory authorities as necessary
• Create various types of engineering drawings using common CAD software such as AutoCAD and Solidworks
• Ensure and confirm that all applicable customer, OEM, regulatory, and maintenance requirements are met
• Approve engineering documents within authorized signatory level
• Participate in the development of work statements and hour estimates in support of proposals
• Represent client on engineering technical matters with OEM’s, customers, operators, and regulatory authorities
• Monitor and approve engineering use of Customer, OEM, and other technical data to ensure compliance with all appropriate regulations and requirements
• Communicate technical details of repair or modification designs through technical writing and computer drafting functions
• Lead activities of engineering staff at the discretion of Engineering Management to achieve accurate and timely completion of modifications and repairs during maintenance and component overhaul visits
• Plan, review, organize, and prioritize engineering tasks to ensure Engineering completes tasks and maintains responsiveness in order to maintain aircraft, component, and engineering program schedules
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering desired with a minimum of 7 years’ relevant aerospace experience or 15 years’ of equivalent aircraft design experience required
• Ability to understand and apply information from Structural Repair Manuals (SRMs), Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMMs), Illustrated Parts Catalogs (IPCs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs) and other aircraft reference materials
• Ability to interpret and use aircraft manufacturing, assembly, and installation drawings
• Ability to understand regulatory requirements for airworthiness, for the FAA and various foreign authorities (EASA, etc.) and include in engineering documents, drawings and designs
• Must be adaptable and flexible at all times and apply their knowledge and skills to develop creative solutions to a wide variety of unique design, modification, and repair problems encountered
• Ability to check 2D drawings and 3D models at the detail, assembly, and installation level
• Strong PC skills including the MS Office suite and computer drafting skills
• Ability to accomplish basic stress analysis and substantiation for complex repairs or modifications using standard accepted industry practices and other structural design methodologies
• Ability to understand and promote the policies / procedures of client, and client Engineering
• Ability to understand and apply the policies / procedures of all customer(s)
• Assertive communication skills
• Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with limited direction
• Show positive attitude and volunteer for various assignments in order to complete program on schedule and budget
• Self-motivated and multi-tasker; able to level load own workload
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to sit; use their hands and arms; and talk or hear; and focus on objects close up
• The employee will also be required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
STS AeroStaff Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-877-707-5767.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
STS AEROSTAFF SERVICES
STS AeroStaff Services
2000 NE JENSEN BEACH BLVD
JENSEN BEACH, FL 34957