PDS Tech is seeking candidates for a Facilities Maintenance Technician position in West Hills, CA
How will you make an impact?
The Facility Technician is responsible for the repairs and maintenance of all facilities within the Transplant Diagnostics (TDX) business.
What will you do?
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer or roller to apply paints, stains and varnishes, hanging doors, pictures & shelving, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24 hour basis.
- Monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed to specifications.
- May act as the project coordinator for smaller sized projects.
- Assists the Manager, Facility & EHS in preparing the annual maintenance budget.
- Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Manager, Facilities & EHS.
- Occasionally works with our Supply Chain team to deliver packages across the sites.
- Works independently in performing various tasks.
- Ensures working in a safe environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Follows all procedures regarding the safe utilization of tools and equipment; must know, understand and comply with all regulatory and GMP requirements.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
How will you get here?
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Vocational Technical 2 year certificate in one of the maintenance trades or an equivalent combination of education, experience and/or certification.
- Five years working experience in facility maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and carpentry is a plus.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict time constraints.
- Ability to use standard powered and non-powered tools.
- Must be able to travel to various work-site locations on demand.
- Must be able to read and understand mechanical blue prints, assembly drawings, bill of materials, equipment manuals, control schematics, and other technical manuals.
- Requires good written and verbal skills.
- Must be able to be certified to operate a power handjack and forklift.
- Must be able to machine parts using cut-off saw, bandsaw, drill press, lathe and milling machine.
- Expected to troubleshoot and solve all of the problems encountered, referencing previous work experience, education and know-how.
- Actively seeks and recommends equipment process improvements.
- Able to work well with others in various departments in a cooperative manner.
- Carpentry skills are desirable.