PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Buyer (Supply Chain) for an open position in Windsor Locks, CT
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join us as Supply Chain professionals.
This position will support the Space Systems Windsor Locks Procurement Group. This Group is responsible for the procurement of a variety of material including: machined parts, electronic parts and assemblies and major subcontract/engineered items (i.e., supplier-designed valves, motors, sensors, etc.).
The selected candidate will support all phases of the procurement process from source selection and negotiations to post-award administration. Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- performing various reviews/audits at a supplier's facility,
- negotiating terms and conditions of purchase with the assistance of UTAS Counsel,
- coordinating the resolution of supplier issues,
- reviewing and understanding supplier-generated program schedules,
- expediting orders to ensure on-time delivery of hardware and other deliverables, and the
- completion of ad hoc reports for management.
Limited domestic travel is required.
BA / BS degree required
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of procurement experience of the commodities noted above preferably in support of U.S. Government contracts and/or within the aerospace industry.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
Experience with Microsoft Office is required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
A general; knowledge of FAR, DFAR, NFS and Export Control (ITAR & EAR) requirements is preferred.
SAP experience would be desirable.
The ability to read and understand blueprints and other technical data is highly desirable.