PDS Tech Inc. is seeking a Sr. Structural Design Engineer, in Grand Prairie, TX.
Design complex, standard or custom, mechanical and structural air-frame installation packages in new AHI aircraft. Create engineering drawings, interface with pertinent stakeholders in certification, production and flight test, support fleet sustainment activities and support STC projects.
This will be approximately a 24 month assignment in duration.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Detail design: 50%
- Create detail/assembly/installation drawings for new helicopter completions and STC projects.
- Review and facilitate engineering package release.
- Can lead groups of engineers to complete projects along with representing the group at management meetings
- Works independently with minimal supervision from Chief Engineers Office
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting company objectives
Project Coordination: 20%
- Coordinate essential information into the configuration management system listing mechanical and structural installations for each aircraft unit produced by AHI
- Participate in developing pricing information based on installation effort and provide quotes to AHI Marketing Department for standard and custom options on new aircraft.
Engineering Support: 20%
- Support Marketing, Field Service, Flight Test and FAA Certification organizations as needed.
- Act as liaison to manufacturing and production efforts as needed.
- Support installation, functional and operational tests, and ground and flight tests.
Structural Substantiation: 10%
- Performs preliminary stress analysis in support of initial layout and design concept.
- Performs Functional Hazard Analysis and Systems Safety Analysis as required.
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred: Master's Degree from an accredited college/university in engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Preferred: Prior AirBus experience.
- Six or more years of directly applicable engineering experience in an aviation/aerospace manufacturing or completions environment.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of aviation/aerospace structural design requirements, aviation/aerospace industry standards and the Federal Aviation Regulations. Direct experience with rotorcraft is preferred.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Must be able to communicate effectively in the English language (verbal and written).
- Conversational French and/or German is a plus
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Minimum 8000hrs CATIA V5 , familiarity with AutoCAD and SAP programs
- Experience with project management tools is preferred.
- Minimal domestic and International travel is required.
- Must be a US Person as defined by ITAR regulations