Scientist II - Protein Purification
Position Summary: Work in a team based environment to perform all tasks related to the production of purified proteins for use in research and commercial products for use in the life sciences industry. Complete all production in compliance with site Quality Management System and ISO 9001.
Key Objectives of the role:
* Responsible for manufacturing product(s) in a lab setting following standard operating procedures. Will utilize basic laboratory techniques, calculations, materials measurement, operation of laboratory equipment and record keeping necessary to manufacture products.
* Will perform column purification/ chromatography, buffer preparation, SDS-Page Analysis, Western Blotting, and other protein characterization techniques.
* Responsible for Batch Data Records, notebooks, customer reports and work order documents.
* Utilize specialized technical knowledge and skills to make detailed observations and analyze data to ensure within operating parameters. Advise manager of factors that may affect quality of product. Suggest options/ideas for corrective actions.
* Maintain equipment, product inventories and related records as assigned. Note variances on manufacturing documents; audit and evaluate process documents and propose revisions. Complete, distribute and file records as required in accordance with Document Control Practices.
* Identify potential issues in the production process; report findings to team management and members for resolution or participate in troubleshooting.
* Write technical documents which may include standard operating procedures and batch records.
* May lead process improvement projects or product transfer projects
* May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned