PDS Tech is seeking candidates for an Equipment Operator position in Carlsbad, CA
Work in a team-based environment within a manufacturing department responsible for Filling and Assembling reagent kits, used in DNA Sequencing.
- Carry out Standard Operating Procedures involved in high throughput manufacturing, visual inspection, material handling and inventory control.
- Operate various automated filling equipment including labeling machines, laboratory instruments and warehouse equipment.
- Complete all batch records and manufacturing documents according to quality systems standards as required.
- Complete production schedule to plan and maintain sufficient output levels measured on an hourly basis.
- Escalate equipment issues to the maintenance team
- Require passing of all written competency requirement related to the processes
- Semi-routine work situations of limited scope and complexity where ability to recognize deviations from accepted practice is required
- Able to work safety with chemicals and hazardous material
- Flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
- Able to stand for an extended period of time performing repetitive motions.
- Will require proficiency in multiple process and equipment within respective manufacturing value stream
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (required)
- Some experience in a manufacturing-based environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices
- Experience with ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and/or GMP manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft based software such as MS Word and Excel.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Close vision and ability to adjust focus required. Regularly required to lift up to 20 pounds. May be required to lift weight of 45 pounds or more, with assistance and/ or with equipment on occasion.