THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Foreign Object Debris/Damage (FOD) Specialist (Top secret (Yankee White) clearance)
Top secret (Yankee White) clearance required.
Seeking an experienced, customer focused, self-motivated individual to join the team as an FOD Specialist. The FOD Specialist will manage and direct a team of employees engaged in activities related to the management of tool cribs and tooling for manufacture and testing of aircraft. The Tool & FOD Control Manager will also develop, implement, and enforce FOD prevention programs for the site. This position requires a broad knowledge of company administration policies, procedures, practices and related manufacturing business concepts and their applications.
Job responsibilities include the following:
• Enforce and enhance company FOD and tool control processes and procedures at the FAFO site.
• Plan and direct tool crib activities necessary to meet the goals of the department and company in accordance with established quality and safety standards.
• Create a workplace environment where quality improvement tools are used effectively to achieve “world class “operations and enterprise excellence objectives.
• Ensure applicable product quality, aviation/product safety, and workplace health and safety requirements imposed by customers, government oversight agencies, and company executive management are met.
• Assess training requirements to ensure all direct reports receive appropriate training.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of prior experience in an aircraft maintenance, inventory control, or manufacturing operations environment.
• Strong team building skills, preferably leading hourly bargaining unit associates. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain engaged and productive working relationships.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. Must be a self-starter who is resourceful and takes initiative.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels of the organization, suppliers, customers, and governmental oversight organizations.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing and in group sessions as a member or leader.
• Must be customer focused and a team player.
• Must be enthusiastic with a positive outlook and possess a “can-do” work ethic.
• Must demonstrated experience identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
• Must possess general aviation knowledge.
• Ability to effectively utilize common business computer software such as MS Office and PowerPoint.
• Previous experience managing flight line tool cribs, tool / FOD control programs
• Prior leadership experience
• Previous aircraft manufacturing and/or maintenance experience especially rotary-wing aircraft
Patuxent River, MD
PDS TECHNICAL SERVICES
50 FOUNDERS PLAZA STE 304
EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108