Work Site Address: Palmdale, CA 93599
Job Number: 2648-1
Max Pay Rate: $85.00/hr
Start Date: 12/2/2019
End Date: 2/26/2021
Position Type: Contract
Provide ground operations support for flight test planning, execution, and verification/validation of performance at the F-16 Combined Test Force (CTF). The applicant will also be expected to provide ground ops support at the F-22 & F35 CTF as needed. The applicant will team with US Air Force, contractor, and civil service engineers as part of an integrated test team for developmental and operational tests.
This position will serve as the principal focal point between aircraft maintenance and flight operations engineering personnel. He/she will
(1) the coordinate and direct the execution of pre-flight and post-flight activities to ensure aircraft test readiness,
(2) provide configuration control of aircraft software and hardware configurations to ensure that hardware, software, and instrumentation configurations are correct to meet test objectives,
(3) coordinate maintenance and logistic support for systems checkouts, flight operations, and anomaly troubleshooting, and
(4) coordinate as required with other organizations associated with test readiness.
This position will act as the principal focal point between maintenance, engineering and flight crew. Relays maintenance related aircraft constraints to the aircraft FTE's. Consult with management on changes or problems. Solve application and technical problems working collaboratively and independently with individuals from diverse technical disciplines and represent the organization frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts; Adapt to quickly changing tasks and requirements and learn new skills quickly.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
BS+4-8 YRS or MS+2-6 YRS
Broad experience with fighter aircraft flight test methods, aircraft maintenance, avionics maintenance and flight test instrumentation.
Experience in USAF maintenance activities and procedures, and T-2 modification processes.
(F-16 experience is highly preferred / F-22 & F35 experience desired)
Broad knowledge of fighter aircraft flight test methods, aircraft maintenance, avionics maintenance and flight test instrumentation.
- Exceptional planning and coordinating skills are required.
- Ability to interface with all levels of project management is desired.
-Must have a strong customer focus, reinforced with excellent communication skills and interpersonal skill. Above average oral and written communication skills are desired.
Qty 4 positions
Swing shift, overtime, travel and weekend work may be required to support mission & staffing needs.
Work location is Edwards AFB
Edwards AFB, CA
pd split possible
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807