PDS Tech is seeking candidates to fill a Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer Role in Wichita, KS
This position supports the development of aircraft structures as a Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analyst. Duties include performing fatigue and damage tolerance analyses for metallic parts. Methods include the use of both classical hand calculations and computer techniques to develop high strength to weight ratio structures.
- Perform durability and damage tolerance analyses to verify that structural integrity requirements have been met. Team assignments may include detail part sizing, layout maturation, trade study analysis, weight reduction efforts, certification activity, or in-service support.
- Document analyses in support of trade studies or detail drawing sign-out for airframe structure. Contact customers, suppliers, and/or subcontractors to exchange technical data and to discuss project performance.
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of classical and numerical (Finite Element) stress analysis methods.
- Provide leadership and on-the-job training for less experienced structural analysts.
- Accept broad objectives with agreed deadlines, but establish the tasks required and how they should be completed. Capable of working independently.
- Ensure application of best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools.
- Utilize tool sets at an advance level.
- Technical signature authority in assigned discipline if appropriate.
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering (Aero, Civil, Mechanical) with a strong curriculum emphasis on structural design and analysis and mechanics of materials is required. A Master's Degree in Engineering is a plus.
- Minimum 6 years total analysis experience in airframe design programs. At least 3 years of experience in F&DT or a master's degree with emphasis on fracture mechanics is desired.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Experience in airframe design, stress analysis, composites, MRB, FAR/JAR/CS/Part 21, Certification, CATIA, NASTRAN, PATRAN and HYPERWORKS is desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint) required.
- Proficiency with G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) a plus.
- Must be able to communication effectively in English (verbal and written)
- Conversational in French and/or German is a plus, but not required.
- <5% Domestic and International
- Able to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship.
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved Communication on a daily basis with internal and external parties
- Candidate should be comfortable working for extending periods of time using computers and in an office environment.