Business Financial Analyst
Coordinates with accounting on actual results, ensuring accuracy of financial statements and compliance with SARBOX reporting requirements. Provides in depth ongoing analysis and reporting of operational performance, actual performance versus budgets and forecasts, and analysis as required. in support of assigned business areas, as well as understanding of and recommendations to resolve risks and opportunities. Provides leadership in supporting and advising operational business units and corresponding financial management on business area financial matters.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree Business Administration, Finance or related field or 6 years increasing financial responsibility. Working understanding of GAAP. Advanced degree may be used to reduce work experience by 2 years. Advanced degree or certification desirable. Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Six (6) years increasing financial responsibility. Working understanding of GAAP. Advanced degree may be used to reduce work experience by 2 years. Advanced degree or certification desirable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Facilitates annual budget development to include underlying assumptions, development of staffing and revenue/margin/expense plans to meet business targets.
2. Monitors actual expenditures against budgets and evaluates variances; generates comparative and trend analysis reports. Includes identification of root causes and corrective actions. Performs analysis as required. to ensure accuracy of financial statements in assigned product lines.
3. Develops appropriate reporting mechanisms to communicate results in a meaningful manner to operational and financial management.
4. Continually evaluates financial process to identify and implement continuous process improvements, both in support of operations and with financial processes. Capture and report savings as appropriate.
5. Analyzes financial performance versus budget/ business plan, including identification of root causes and corrective actions.
6. Prepares reports related to operational or strategic initiatives; analyzes significant variances from planned or forecasted results and provides interpretative comments and recommendations to management. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards. May contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards.
2. Full knowledge of industry practices.
A credit history check from a national credit bureau will be conducted for all candidates for this position including new hires and current employees seeking promotion or transfer.
Please share your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org