Civil/Structural Engineer - Top Secret Clearance
Description: PDS Tech is seeking a Structural Engineer for an open position in Columbia, MD
Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of company programs. Responsibilities also include aiding in the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes and coordinating preparations of proposals, plans, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts. Develops new business and expands product line. Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of incumbents assigned to program from various departments. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget. Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
Perform the following analysis, design, and project management duties at a high competency level:
1. Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan projects.
2. Plan and design structures and transportation or hydraulic systems, following construction and government standards, using design software and drawing tools.
3. Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, and material stress factors to determine design and specifications.
4. Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications, safety and standards.
5. Direct construction, operations, and maintenance activities at project site.
6. Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations and establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
7. Influence and assist clients to determine best possible result within project parameters. Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 8+ years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.