Systems Integration Engineering Contractor-Checker
Review 3D engineering data for conformance to Gulfstream requirements as directed. Check parts for fit, form and function to the extent that information is available. Must have experience in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) processes and tools, including CHS, checking CATIA v5, SmarTeam, as well as other CAD datasets, in accordance to Gulfstream requirements as directed.
CHECKERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE ACCEPTABILITY OF DATA IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS
• Accuracy and completeness of engineering product definition data, including CAD and PDM data.
• Proper application and compliance with all Engineering and customer drawing requirements.
• Use and understanding of GD & T a must.
• Dimensioning and tolerancing including familiarity with ASME Y14.5.
• Application of best drafting and design practices and procedures.
• Applies extensive and diversified knowledge of industry fabrication practices for aircraft parts.
• Advise Design personnel regarding GAC drawing and design practices and procedures.
• Maintain a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments in the structures/systems design disciplines drawing/data requirements, as well as all interrelated disciplines of design build teams.
• Assist in the research and development of Product Data Management (PDM)/Computer Aided Design (CAD) applications and methodologies for Engineering and when necessary, other departments.
• Actively works to improve daily processes and ensure that all Data Integrity work and CAD and PDM solutions meet customer requirements.
• Knowledge of GAC parts list & PdocM, a plus.
• Knowledge of CHS, EWIS, Electrical harness Design a plus. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Checks designs of complex mechanical aircraft interior furnishing, structures, and/or systems.
• Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements.
• Adheres to budget and project schedules.
• Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
• Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
• Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
• Experience in communicating with employees/teams in productive and efficient manner.
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of Excel, Share Point software, Microsoft Office a plus
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description.5 yrs. in specific technical discipline or 10 yrs. broad eng experience in several technical disciplines with Bachelors. Experience credit considered for related adv degrees limited to 2 yrs. for Masters, 4 yrs. for PhD in fields applicable to this job.