Manufacturing Engineers are the bridge between design and manufacturing of our rocket launch vehicles. In this role supporting low volume, high complexity large fabricated structural components, you will have the opportunity to enable increased throughput of existing lines and develop manufacturing methods for new products.
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team (design, build, and reliability engineers) and operations to efficiently build parts on schedule.
• Facilitate production of flight-qualified structures at increasing production rate while reducing cost.
• Develop and revise production processes, procedures, equipment, tooling, and layout.
• Resolve complex manufacturing defects and eliminate root cause.
• Support design for manufacturing and assembly during new product development and improvement cycles.
• Bachelor of Science in engineering from ABET accredited institution.
• 2+ years of mechanical design and manufacturing experience from either industry OR collegiate engineering projects such as Formula SAE, Baja SAE, or Design Build Fly.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• Experience in process development, value stream layout, PFMEA, and Error-Proofing.
• Experience with Unigraphics and Teamcenter CAD and PDM systems for component and tooling design.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes for metallic aerospace materials.
• Expertise transitioning products from prototype manufacturing through volume production.
• This is a hands-on position that requires one to be on their feet for up to 4+ hours a day.
• Will sometimes be working directly with the hardware on the floor and will have to be comfortable stooping, bending, and standing.
• Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
6 months +
JOHNSON SERVICE GROUP
950 S BASCOM AVE STE 2122
SAN JOSE, CA 95128