THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Sr Mechanical Engineer with ability to obtain secret / CREO CA
Job Title: Sr Mechanical Engineer
Job Number: 158531/6632887
Location: El Segundo, CA
Ability to obtain clearance required or active secret preferred
Assignment Length: 6 month contract
The Sr Mechanical Engineer I is responsible for the conceptual and detailed mechanical design of EO Sensors and Laser products for application in ground, airborne and space-based defense. Responsibilities include the design of structures, mechanisms, thermal systems and electronic enclosures. Candidate will be expected to follow established procedures and instructions while working closely with program / functional supervision to ensure the overall design objectives are met. Contacts are primarily with the immediate section manager, team lead, project leaders and other personnel (peers) within the applicable program.
Applies extensive technical expertise in Mechanical Engineering, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines (Thermal, Structural, Electrical, and Optical). Develops technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity using CAD software like CREO and performs preliminary mechanical analyses.
Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
Will assist in understanding the design requirements, coordinating mechanical design, preparation of design reviews, presentation of the engineering to Raytheon management as well as customers. The position requires the mechanical designer to understand tasks involving pre-proposal, conceptual, preliminary, and critical design build, test, and delivery of complex Electro-Optical Sensors. The engineer in this position must lead the team from a deep, wide breadth and strong technical background involving material selection, optical layout, thermal management, precision mechanical mounting and motion, and structural optimization. This position also requires an engineer familiar with design for manufacturing and producibility.
US Citizenship is required for this position, as candidate must be able to get DoD Security Clearance within first year of employment
Start Time: 12:00 AM
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm Location: CA320 2000 East El Segundo Boulevard Building E01 El Segundo CA United States
Additional Job Details:
• CAD software, especially Creo.
• Geometric Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Able to present to customer
• Maintain positive customer and supplier relationships
• Ability to obtain security clearance
• At least 4 years of professional experience
• CAD software, especially Creo and Windchill
• Hands on experience in Electro-optical sensors
• Microsoft Project
• Prior experience in DoD or Aerospace
• Already possess a security clearance
• A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering field
• Prefer to also have a Master's Degree
• Minimum 4 to 6 years related experience This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
El Segundo, CA
6 month contract
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807