** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens **
** Permanent residents are NOT eligible for this role **
** Dual citizens are NOT eligible for this role. Also, candidates with a current non-U.S. passport in addition to a U.S. passport are NOT acceptable **
** Candidates must either have a current Secret clearance or have had a Secret clearance in the last two years **
- Without appreciable direction and exercising considerable latitude in determining technical objectives and approaches to assignments, performs in a largely independent role for the Systems Engineering organization.
- Typical responsibilities include:
1. May plan, conduct, and provide technical Systems Engineering direction on projects or major phases of significant project assignment, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned projects.
2. Requires the use of advanced Systems Engineering techniques in management of requirements and risk for developing rocket propulsion systems.
3. Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.
4. Represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
5. May direct, coordinate and review the work of a small staff of engineers and/or technicians; estimates personnel needs and schedules and assigns work to meet completion date. Or, as individual researcher or staff specialist may be assisted on projects by other engineers or technicians.
6. Develops solutions to complex problems which require the use of ingenuity and creativity.
7. Work is reviewed at extended intervals for desired results and achievement.
8. Contacts include interacting with customer personnel on technical matters often requiring coordinated activity across organizational lines.
-60% - Develops hardware and software requirements for rocket propulsion systems product development. Responsible for derivation, allocation, and documentation of requirements in a requirements database. Responsible for the development and maintenance of system, subsystem, and component specifications. Coordinates requirements and related specification change management with IPT members. Defines and coordinates requirements verification plans with integrated product team members, plans and manages compliance assessment and certification.
-15% - Performs functional analysis in support of requirements development effort. Supports and/or coordinates system trade studies. Coordinates selection of optimized concept baselines through benefit/cost trades in support of definition of system architecture and objectives.
-15% - Coordinates project risk assessment and management and prepares and reports results on mitigation plans.
-10% - Communicates results in oral presentations and written communication.
- Nine years minimum directly related industry experience in Systems Engineering disciplines (requirements development and management, risk management, and system integration) across the full product development life-cycle for aerospace/rocket propulsion system design and development.
- Experience with requirements management software (IBM Rational DOORS, IBM Requisite Pro, etc.).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
- Bachelor degree in Systems Engineering or appropriate discipline/science (Mechanical/Electrical/Aerospace).
- Advanced degree desirable.
- Coursework in Systems Engineering (requirements management, risk management, product development cycle) disciplines and rocket propulsion strongly desired.
$60.00 - $68.00/HR
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230