Reliability Engineer - Level V with active secret CA
Job Title: Reliability Engineer
Job Number: 158325/6312326
Location: Canoga Park, CA
Rate: 80/hr max
Assignment Length: 10 month contract
Active secret required
** Candidates must either have a current Secret clearance or have had a Secret clearance in the last two years. They must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level **
** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens **
** Candidates must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Permanent residents are NOT eligible for this role. Dual citizens are NOT eligible for this role. Also, candidates with a current non-U.S. passport in addition to a U.S. passport are NOT eligible **
1. Assist reliability and system safety engineers with ensuring technical excellence of group's products. This includes adequacy of the tools, techniques, and processes.
2. Develop reliability and safety models for various systems and communicate results to company engineers and managers.
3. Complete failure modes, effects, and criticality analysis and hazard analysis.
4. Evaluate engineering designs and operational plans to identify potential hazards and evaluate the adequacy of planned controls and verifications.
5. Provide design input to improve product reliability when necessary - Interacting with a wide variety of individuals and teams to communicate results
6. Design reliability test plans to qualify new product and processes, evaluate testing failures and ensure consistent adherence to high quality standards by application of reliability techniques.
7. Perform Probabilistic Risk Assessments.
8. Build a strong working relationship with the other employees to ensure that the group's capabilities are fully utilized and that the group's results are meeting customer needs.
9. Embrace a continuous improvement mindset.
10. Demonstrate a 100% commitment to quality in actions, decisions, and conversations.
* Ability to perform FMEA is required
* Ability to perform statistical analysis is preferred
* Product reliability testing and modeling capability is preferred
* Proven competency in root cause analysis preferred
* Familiarization with spacecraft and/or launch vehicle systems is preferred
* Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight is preferred
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
* Strong work ethic and drive to succeed are required
* Understanding and experience with electrical hardware is required. Experience with mechanical hardware is also required.
* Ability to obtain a security clearance is required.
BS Engineering plus a minimum of 5 years of experience in the space industry related to the job description listed above. Equivalent qualifications, such as 10+ years of directly applicable work experience will be considered.
City/Town: Canoga Park
Address: 8900 Desoto Ave
Start Date: 02/06/2017 Hours Per Week: 40.00
Est. End Date: 12/23/2017 Hours Per Day: 8.00
Schedule Notes: Regular 40 hour week. OT possible. Days Per Week: 5.00
Canoga Park, CA
10 month contract
1275 N MANASSERO ST
ANAHEIM, CA 92807