Project Engineer II - Electric Propulsion
Location: Redmond, WA
Rate: $50.00 - $53.00/HR
1 year contract
** Candidates should have propulsion experience, chemical propulsion or electrical propulsion, which typically means mechanical engineering or aerospace engineering **
** This is a Project Engineer role. It is NOT a Reliability Engineer, Structural Engineer or Electrical Engineer role **
** Candidates should have recent work experience **
** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens **
** Permanent residents are NOT eligible for this role **
** Dual citizens are NOT eligible for this role. Also, candidates with a current non-U.S. passport in addition to a U.S. passport are NOT acceptable **
- Hall, Arcjet, and Gridded Ion Thruster propulsion systems are key components of satellites used by our military, NASA, and commercial satellite service providers. Missions include interplanetary exploration, orbit-transfer, and orbit maintenance for a wide range of spacecraft. Company is the premier supplier of these enabling propulsion systems.
- The successful candidate will help assure the success of these space missions through development, qualification, and production of Hall, Arcjet, Ion, or other EP thrusters.
- The candidate will demonstrate attention to detail and the highest standards of quality assurance for the production of mission critical hardware.
- The successful candidate will also be a key resource in the design, development and testing of new electric propulsion products.
- Typical duties will include assisting the program manager in manufacturing and delivering flight hardware, guiding integrated product development teams, and leading product proposals.
- Additional duties will include performing technical analyses, conceptualizing new product designs, establishing system requirements and specifications, planning and conducting test and product verification activities, analyzing test data, developing new business relationships, and generating customer presentations.
The following is an approximate split of typical duties:
70% - Lead technical activities on major programs. Perform tasks, delegate tasks and make decisions required to design, analyze, build and test electrical propulsion thrusters and thruster systems. Verify company products are in compliance with customer requirements. Demonstrate to our customers that company is the best value supplier for their propulsion needs.
20% - Support proposal activities and manage internal research and development efforts as assigned.
10% - Key contributor on investigations, driving to closure rapidly and rigorously while applying appropriate resources and personnel in a cost-effective manner. Accumulate, prepare, and present the documentation that is required to close an investigation, including reports, Test Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation, and team-working skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is expected.
- At least 2 years work experience in an aerospace field, working on flight hardware.
- Must know MS Office programs.
- Must have minimum BS degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering.
- Experience with electric propulsion devices, particularly hall thrusters or ion engines.
- Experience with testing flight hardware and production of flight hardware.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related engineering discipline and 2 years of experience in propulsion, plasma devices or mission-critical technology is required.
- A Master's degree or higher in an Engineering discipline or Physics is preferred.
- Priority will be given to candidates with experience in a production environment developing and improving products and manufacturing processes.
$50.00 - $53.00/HR
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230