Perform interpretation, planning, and execution of Safety-related requirements for the maintenance on various vehicle platforms, may include statistical analysis and data reduction into presentations for senior management, safety trends and analyses, and maintainability implications of designs.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical guidance for safety analysis of vehicle maintenance tracks, based upon technical data, CAD and physical maintenance validation.
- Direct use of safety-related guidelines for technical manual development.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
- Coordinate with other departments regarding safety issues.
- Evaluate designs for the safety implications for maintainability.
- Represent Product Support Engineering in the feedback of safety-related issues regarding the performance of vehicle maintenance.
- Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the client Way.
- Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
- Prepare technical proposals, BOE's, quotations, reports, and presentations.
- Assist Design Engineering in conference preparation.
- Interpret program safety requirements and develop necessary plans to meet contract requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Strong mechanical knowledge of vehicle and related systems.
- Strong background in mathematics and statistical analysis techniques.
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.