Enea is a global supplier of network software platforms and world class services, with a vision of helping customers develop amazing functions in a connected society. We are committed to working together with customers and leading hardware vendors as a key contributor in the open source community, developing and hardening optimal software solutions. Every day, more than three billion people around the globe rely on our technologies in a wide range of applications in multiple verticals – from Telecommunications and Automotive, to Medical and Avionics. We have offices in Europe, North America and Asia, and are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Discover more at www.enea.com and start a conversation at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSSD Turbine Engine Structures is responsible for ensuring the mechanical integrity of the structural parts used on gas turbine engines. These responsibilities include the design, development, testing, and field support of static structure components which must meet requirements for life, cost, weight, maintainability, and durability. The engineer must address stress, strength, vibration, heat transfer, deflection, fatigue life, containment, material selection, etc. in evaluating parts. Typical static structural parts include cases, frames, plenums, stators, vanes, shrouds, diffusers, deswirls, gearboxes, bearing supports, and ducts.
MSSD has an opening in Structural Analysis for an experienced engineer to perform design and analysis of static structural parts. The scope of this position includes developing and documenting processes for certifying the fan blade out event by analysis. This will include analyzing structure that has already been tested to confirm margins of safety utilizing state-of-the-art software tools and methods. It will also include developing criteria and guidelines that will meet the needs of the certifying authorities (FAA, EASA). The candidate will be expected to recommend the appropriate direction and advancements that Honeywell should pursue. Analytical results will be presented in design reviews and with appropriate documentation to meet program deliverables and requirements. Applicant must work effectively with design teams, global support and chief engineers.
• Due to ITAR requirements, must be a US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
• Minimum BSME degree
• Minimum 7 years experience in an engineering field
• Previous experience with or knowledge of a turbine engine fan blade out event analysis or testing is preferred.
• Knowledge of the gas turbine engine industry
• 3D modeling (CAD) and FEA (ANSYS, etc.) of gas turbine engine static structures and systems
• Capable of performing complex analyses and hand calculations of engine components and systems
• Proven understanding and application of solid mechanics, dynamics, fatigue, and finite element analysis
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral) are required to interact with engineering teams, other disciplines, and the customer
• Knowledge of Six Sigma tools and application
ENEA SOFTWARE AND SERVICES
2555 E CAMELBACK RD STE 280
PHOENIX, AZ 85016