Reporting to the Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for performing static/dynamic loads, retraction and vibration analysis for landing gear in response to regulatory / customer requirements and performance methodologies. You will also conduct sensitivity studies, perform trade studies, generate design study summary reports, prepare and present results to the customer at program reviews.
• Provide technical guidance for all performance related tasks of the project assigned while working with the following:
o Lead Engineer to ensure that performance tasks are properly managed to achieve project goals
o Integrated Product Team (IPT) to ensure Engineering integration into overall program requirements
o Divisional Engineering teams to ensure that engineering integrity is achieved, engineering procedures are complied, lessons learned are addressed and a robust trouble-free product is developed
• Executes performance activities including:
o Customer / Suppliers:
o Liaise with customer/Suppliers for all performance related tasks
o Foster strong customer relationships through accountability, transparency and credibility
• Integration / Planning:
o Responsible and accountable for all performance tasks and its completion dates
o Communicates progress and roadblocks to the Lead Engineer
o Requires a good understanding of landing gear shock strut and actuation principles and operation.
• Responsible for performing
o Static/dynamic loads and vibration analysis for landing gear, actuation and subsystem structural design criteria;
o Perform derivation of design loads and analysis of dynamic performance to ensure that customer and certification requirements are satisfied;
o Develop the structural dynamics models and compute dynamic loads;
o Perform systems hydraulic simulations
o Develop operational and certification performance reports
o Compute landing gear dynamic loads and landing impact for optimizing landing gear absorption characteristics
o Perform dynamic analysis for optimizing retraction timing
o Identify critical loading conditions and documentation of results in formal Engineering Reports
o Be responsible for the providing detail sizing definition to designers and stress analysts.
o Ensures compliance to Engineering methodologies
o Maintains compliance to ITAR and regulatory requirements
o Occasional travel between customer/suppliers locations
o Perform other duties as required
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in analysis tools and techniques
o 5 years of experience within the Aerospace industry; must include extensive experience in development of transport and / or military type aircraft
• Demonstrated experience using ADAMS, Matlab / Simulink
• Demonstrated ability to work with PDM (Smarteam, MatrixOne, Team Center) system
• Demonstrated ability to utilize Catia V5
• Strong interpersonal & communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers
• Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and suppliers
• Understanding of performance based specification requirements, requirements management and verification.
• In-depth knowledge of MS programs (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point)
• Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR & CCGP
• Demonstrated values in alignment with UTAS Four Gears including Ethical Behavior, Customer Focused Improvement, Accountability & Teamwork and Openness & Trust
• US citizen, permanent resident alien or able to review all export-controlled technical information.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated skills in decomposing system level requirements and developing subsystem specifications. Demonstrated skills in developing performance based systems specifications. Open minded, pro-active, independent, quick learner and team player with a strong desire to learn.
40 Per Hour
STE 100 11960 WESTLINE INDUSTRIAL DR
ST LOUIS, MO 63146-3212