Mechanical Engineering Degree from a well-recognized university with a minimum of 8 years of experience in downhole tool design. Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering is highly recommendable. PhD in Mechanical engineering is an asset.
The candidate for this position is expected to:
- Be well acquainted with the design and application of mud motors. Familiar with the design of power sections, transmission and bearing pack assemblies.
- Have excellent knowledge on solid mechanics, static structural analysis and non-linear structural analysis.
- Have good knowledge of numerical methods of solving more complex solutions, FEA (Ansys preferred).
- Have advance knowledge and execution of SolidWorks.
- Have knowledge of ASME GD&T specification.
- Understand the effects and application of tolerance stacks.
- Good knowledge of dynamics and vibration and how they affect the design of parts and assemblies.
- Have knowledge of mode-shapes, natural frequencies, and damping.
- Have knowledge in failure modes and criteria.
- Have good Knowledge in fluid mechanics and able to apply standard calculations to systems.
- Have good knowledge and application of fluid mechanics to a system for analysis through the use of CFD.
- Be familiar with the design and BHA.
- Be very familiar with coatings and their applications, especially hard surfacing.
- Have good knowledge on material selection and application.
- Be very familiar with the effects and application of surface treatments (nitriding, carburizing, shot peening etc.)
- Be well acquainted with the selection and application of elastomeric materials based on design requirements.
- Have knowledge of the various seal materials and compatibility with various fluids, especially different types of drilling muds.
- Have knowledge of different bearing types, (thrust, radial) with especial knowledge of friction radial bearings and ball-stacked bearings. Knowledge of failure modes associated with each bearing type and design methods for each.
- Have knowledge and application of thread strength calculations, Industry standard thread forms and standards, BSR And Ab/Ap calculations and meaning, lead effects, taper effects, shoulder geometry effects, lubrication effects, treatment effects.
- Be acquainted with effects of corrosion, erosion and abrasion and the different methods to fight them.
- Have excellent communication skills.
QUEST GLOBAL SERVICES
333 E RIVER DR STE 500
EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108