The Principal Mechanical Engineer is responsible for understanding the design requirements, coordinating mechanical design, preparation of design reviews, presentation of the engineering to management as well as customers.
The position requires the mechanical design leader to understand tasks involving pre-proposal, conceptual, preliminary, and critical design build, test, and delivery of complex Electro-Optical Sensors.
The engineer in this position must lead the team from a deep, wide breadth and strong technical background involving material selection, optical layout, thermal management, precision mechanical mounting and motion, and structural optimization.
This position also requires an engineer familiar with design for manufacturing and producibility.
• CAD software, especially Creo.
• Geometric Tolerancing (GD&T)
• Able to present to customer
• Maintain positive customer and supplier relationships
• At least 8 years of professional experience
• CAD software, especially Creo
• Microsoft Project
• Prior experience in DoD or Aerospace
• A Bachelor's degree (BA, BS) or equivalent, in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 8-10 years related experience
El Segundo, CA
APOLLO PROFESSIONAL SOLUTIONS
7310 RITCHIE HWY STE 400
GLEN BURNIE, MD 21061-3092