Location: Savannah, GA
Rate: $56.00 - $67.00/HR
Long Term contract
As an Engineering Consultant for Mass Properties, you will:
• Perform mass properties analysis for production or new aircraft development programs.
• Update a mass properties accounting database with detail part weight, center of gravity, and inertias.
• Perform actual weight and balance measurement of detail parts, assemblies and full aircraft.
• Track and status structural or system weight versus target weights.
• Promote weight reduction opportunities to the responsible structural designers, system designers or stress engineers.
• Provide and report to management on Aircraft Weight and Balance status
• Coordinate activities to insure weight targets/goals are met
What you'll bring to the team:
• Apply your education as an Aeronautical, Aerospace, Electrical, Systems, or Mechanical engineer to provide quality mass properties analysis.
• Apply people skills to provide optimum lightweight design concepts while working with an IPT team.
• Experience with CATIA and SmarTeam is preferred.
• Experience in estimating weights for composite structures using CPD or FiberSim is a plus.
What the Mass Properties team does:
• Structural weight
• System weight
• Target weights
• Weight risk and opportunities
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230