Velocity represents an aerospace flight test, engineering and certification organization that provides development services to aircraft modifiers and OEM�s. They are a small but rapidly growing company in Seattle, WA that was founded in 2001. Their core team is comprised of very talented and experienced aerospace engineers, technicians, mechanics, and specialist consultants. They strive to create a high functioning, collaborative environment where team members can find opportunities for professional growth and innovation.
The strategic purpose of the Test and Evaluation (T&E) Support Unit is to provide comprehensive, full-service aerospace flight-testing and evaluation services. The Test and Evaluation Support Unit provides four areas of expertise: Test Planning, Instrumentation, Ground Operations and Flight Operations. This position is responsible for maintenance support of all flight operations
This Flight Test Instrumentation Engineers will work to design and install instrumentation to support the collection of flight test data. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail oriented, and knowledgeable on instrumentation theory.
Currently looking for experienced Instrumentation Engineers with aerospace or automotive backgrounds to fill openings with an aerospace flight test, engineering and certification organization located in the Seattle, WA area. The ideal candidate will have formal instrumentation training and 2 - 15 years of Instrumentation Engineering experience.
● Produce instrumentation specifications, sensor selection, wire diagrams, installation diagrams (FTEO packages), sensor and system calibration, signal conditioning, derived parameters, cockpit displays, data validation, data tracking, data recording, documentation and conformity.
● Ensure that the instrumentation systems and deliverables meet quality standards as well as all customer specifications to include accuracy, resolution, and frequency range, and function correctly within harsh operating conditions typical of aircraft.
● Provide instrumentation equipment management to ensure that equipment is maintained, calibrated and available for re-use to minimize waste.
● Provide instrumentation technical input: advise the organization in regards to technical information for the best technical selection of sensors and support equipment at affordable costs.
● Work closely with Product Development Unit when new equipment and systems are required or for the design of Flight Test safety equipment, or any complex mechanical installations that require stress approval.
● Formal Instrumentation Training (Military or Civilian) � Preferred
● Bachelor�s degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
● 2 - 15+ years Instrumentation Engineering
● 5+ years relevant technical experience
● Intermediate understanding of flight and ground test planning and test conduct, and test data analysis.
If the referenced position is not the best fit for your skills, please know that Velocity has multiple openings within a West Coast Flight Test program. Positions include Powerplant, Telemetry and Data Operations, Flight Sciences, Flight Test Instrumentation and Technicians, Electrical, Avionics, Cabin Safety and Controls Engineers. Please feel free to forward this email to others who might be interested.
Candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States, Canada or Mexico
VELOCITY CONSULTING SOLUTIONS
950 N 72ND ST STE 100
SEATTLE, WA 98103