Location: Canoga Park, CA
Rate: $35.00 - $38.00/HR
3+ month contract
** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens **
** Permanent residents are NOT eligible for this role **
** Dual citizens are NOT eligible for this role. Also, candidates with a current non-U.S. passport in addition to a U.S. passport are NOT acceptable **
** Candidates MUST have experience with Creo and GD&T (also known as Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerencing or ASME 14.5) **
** Windchill experience is strongly preferred **
** Candidates must be able to specify valve type, valve trim configuration, material and seal packing’s for liquid rocket engine systems **
Design and Development Engineer - Must be able to specify valve type, valve trim configuration, material and seal packing’s for liquid rocket engine systems.
- 5 years of related experience as technical designer in rocket propulsion hardware and Pro/E/Creo CAD systems
- Knowledge in the design of high pressure cryogenic, ambient and high temperature Valves preferred.
- Responsible for designing, developing and testing products including providing project time and cost estimate, product manufacturing and evaluation product for quality safety and cost.
- Applies research to the planning design Development and testing of valves, actuators and associated hardware
- Applies theories of heat and energy transfer to create practical solutions to technical problems
- Responsible for damage tolerance, durability, design modeling, coordination with analysis disciplines.
- Majority of work will be to develop and maintain valve layouts, designs/CAD models, and drawings using Creo2 graphics system for liquid engine hardware.
Activities: conceptual design creation, design layouts, GD&T application, tolerance analysis, systems design and integration, fabrication process identification, synthesis of higher level requirements to component level requirements. Conduct trade studies and develop schedules, test plans, component specifications and procedures.
- Mechanical Design and development Engineers research, develop, analyze, design, and support fabrication of components using engineering and scientific principles.
- Engineers also required to analyze and verify product design and performance for adequacy and reliability.
- Support or lead investigation and resolution of hardware and process anomalies and issues identified by preventative action/corrective action boards and/or safety initiative activities.
- Must be able to interface well with other members of project or program team, management, and technical staff to define and implement engineering solutions to meet group, organization, and company objectives.
- Must be able to prepare and make presentations at both internal and customer design reviews.
- BS degree in an Engineering field or equivalent.
- MS degree is desired.
Canoga Park, CA
$35.00 - $38.00/HR
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230