Responsible for the design, modeling, development and testing of a system. Develops functional requirements. Understands and applies standard engineering principles. Creates simulations and prototypes to evaluate preliminary designs and test how a machine, structure or system operates. Designs and tests components, and integrates components to produce final product. Monitors quality of products and controls the efficiency of processes. Evaluates a design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Investigates root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
Supports the design, development, and integration of embedded electronic circuits into battery operated, low energy and light weight portable system.
• Strong design background in analog circuits; op-amps, AtoD, DtoA, timers, constant current sources, motor controls, FETs in addition to digital design experience.
• Work activities include designing, prototyping, and developing new technologies that seamlessly works together, while driving proof of concepts into production intent solutions.
• Use of robust design tools like schematic capture, Layout concerns, PSPICE, OPEX, LEAN engineering, failure mode analysis, tolerance stack ups, risk management, and worst case analysis will be needed.
• Experience should include standard electrical design tools and equipment including meters, scopes, data acquisition, thermal, conducted and radiated emission devices.
• Works with cross functional teams including software, mechanical, suppliers, sourcing, manufacturing, test labs, approval labs, and other engineering functions to design, develop, and deliver solutions.
• Project management including tracking personal electronic schedule, risk mitigation of designs, coordination with suppliers and sourcing.
• Hands on self-motivated individual that is accountable for creation, capture and reuse of knowledge with strong communication skills, providing timely deliveries of assigned tasks.
• In addition to embedded real time solutions, experience developing physical interfaces for I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, RS485 and other similar peripherals is useful.
• Hands on experience or key understanding of programming languages including C., C++, scripting, and APIs is a plus.
• Experience working with FDA or other regulatory industries is beneficial.
• Bachelors of Science with 5+ years of experience in developing embedded hardware circuits.
AMERICAN CONTRACT GROUP
50 HIGH ST STE 46
NORTH ANDOVER, MA 01845