Reporting to the Design Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting detail design and drawing release in support of initial production. Model Based Definition (MBD) drawings shall be compatible with Landing Systems design methodologies, customer and industry/regulatory requirements and standard practices. The successful candidate will perform and/or oversee aspects of engineering standard work throughout Preliminary Design, Detail Design, and Verification/Validation. The Design Engineer Checker performs various tasks in checking designs for Engineering, including: examining production engineering drawings and related documents for soundness, efficiency, and simplicity in design; completeness, clarity, and dimensional accuracy; correctness of materials and processes; conformity to design/drafting standards, design specifications, and producibility; and economy of fabrication, assembly, and installation.
Basic Qualifications BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• Minimum of 8 years design experience with a background in kinematics, mechanics and aeronautics.
• Proficient in Catia V5 detailed modeling (kinematics and systems routings a plus) and FTA generation, layouts and checking experience
• Must be fluent with detailed part and assembly definition (FTA) using Catia V5
• Working knowledge of materials and surface treatments.
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledgeable of hydraulic actuator/system design, forgings, layouts, mechanical system and structural design (fatigue and static).
• Proficient with GD&T (ASME Y14.5, ASME Y14.100 and Y14.41).
• Landing gear and/or hydraulic actuator design experience.
• Demonstrated ability to work with PDM systems (Smarteam, MatrixOne, Teamcenter) system
• Successful candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR & CCGP
• Demonstrated values in alignment with Ethical Behavior, Customer Focused Improvement, Accountability & Teamwork and Openness & Trust
• US citizen, permanent resident alien or able to review all export-controlled technical information.
• Demonstrated knowledge of ASME Y14.100 and Y14.41.
• Landing gear experience.
• Knowledge of Root Cause Corrective Action.
• Open minded, pro-active, independent, quick learner with a strong desire to learn.
• Experience using SMARTeam – PDM
• Experience using MATRIX ONE – PLM
55 Per Hour
STE 100 11960 WESTLINE INDUSTRIAL DR
ST LOUIS, MO 63146-3212