Location: Lexington, KY
Rate: $50.00 - $65.00/HR
Duration: 1 year contract
Shift: 1st Shift
**Must have a current ACTIVE secret clearance**
- Design, develop, and test a variety of power plants, aircraft, missiles, and parts, taking into consideration the most efficient use of the natural laws affecting flight.
- Establishes structural specifications, performs stress analysis, and conducts performance tests.
- The team is focused mainly on modifying existing aircraft and integrating modified components into various platforms based on customer specifications.
•Your job, as a lead analyst, will be to analyze and write substantiation documentation based on customer requirements using applicable military specifications, internal structural manuals and texts similar to “Analysis and Design of Flight Vehicle Structures” by E. F. Bruhn
•The primary tool used for Analysis is ANSYS and FEMAP for Finite Element Modeling (FEM). MATHCAD and MATLAB are also used for 'hand' calculations
•You will work with mechanical design teams to develop working models for integration of these components. Upon design completion, you will be expected to support the installation / integration of your analysis by providing support to the mechanic workforce as required
- Experience with a Finite Elementary Modeling (FEM) creation using ANSYS, NASTRAN or similar programs
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Mechanics from an accredited University with five (5) years of professional experience with a related Bachelor’s degree; or three years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. Considered career, or journey, level position
- 5 years of flight test experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated previous success working in a team based environment to meet objectives
- Government report or thesis writing experience
$50.00 - $65.00/HR
6133 BRISTOL PKWY STE 232
CULVER CITY, CA 90230