PDS Tech, Inc, is looking for a Utility Person in Hunt Valley, Maryland:
This position in provides support to our Manufacturing floor. The individual will mostly provide preparation support for Paint, but may also provide support in the Mechanical, Electrical or Air Vehicle Factory performing basic tasks, such as hand work, deburring, stenciling, Machine operation, cleaning, organizing, wiring and assembly.
In support of our Paint Shop, the Utility Person will perform all surface preparation including body filling, glazing, sanding, cleaning, and masking surfaces. They will set up, adjust and operate automatic paint spraying equipment and drying ovens maintaining thickness or coating in conformance with specifications.
The Utility Person may provide support to other areas of the shop floor. The support includes, assembling details and sub-assemblies, assisting experienced mechanics with operating equipment, material sizing and ply design layout of composite parts and bond assemblies, and set up and fabricate electronics assemblies utilizing various forms of written and oral instructions, automatic and semi-automatic machines and hand tools. The incumbent may also move material by hand, truck or conveyor within assigned storage area.
Qualifications Education & Experience: High School diploma and no related experience required. Paint or Body Shop experience is a plus.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work from verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Safety minded and able to work to requirements of a Quality management system.
- Basic PC skills/ knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and understand a parts list and multi-level assemblies is a plus.
- Working knowledge of abrasives, paint & finishing specifications is a plus.