THIS JOB IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. THIS IS ARCHIVAL INFORMATION. Senior Project Engineer (Aircraft Design & Development - Evacuation Systems)
The Senior Project Engineer must:
• Have 5+ years of Component and System Level Design and Development experience.
• Be considered a Technical Expert in the Design, Development and Regulatory approval of Aircraft Systems.
• Be capable of proposing new technology and/or designs in support of business unit objectives
• Provide technical consultation to Management.
This position level is expected to:
• Impact business level objectives
• Select and utilize engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
• Performs and assists in project management including defining, estimating and providing status of project tasks
• Manages completion of moderate to complex projects within time and cost constraints
• Designs new and improved components, sub-systems and inflatable structures for Aircraft Evacuation Systems
• Initiates, oversees and conducts structural and performance analysis of components, sub-systems and systems
• Plans and oversees the building, testing and reporting of prototypes through qualification and certification
• Resolve moderate to complex technical problems using relentless root cause analysis
• Utilizes Design to Cost principals to meet objectives
• Assists in compilation of product manuals for customers
• Assist in transitioning products from development to production
• Identifying, preparing and submitting intellectual property, including patentable material
A BS degree is required.
PDS TECHNICAL SERVICES
50 FOUNDERS PLAZA STE 304
EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108