PDS is seeking candidates to fill a Customs Compliance Specialist position in Mobile, AL
- Review and assess internal customs processes and compliance controls
- Review and assess U.S. customs entries & declarations for accuracy and compliance with import regulations
- Identify and mitigate both compliance and financial risks related to U.S. customs regulations
- Review and assess commodity classification to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States (HTS-US) and Schedule B.
- Review and assess Partner Government Agency (PGA) documentation (e.g. FCC and FDA forms, TSCA statements, etc.)
- Prepare and submit Post Entry Amendment (PEA) and Post Summary Correction (PSC)
- Prepare and submit Reconciliation entries
- Review, assess and provide oversight of FTZ admissions and entry processing
- Assist with various customs-related project implementations
- Support the Customs Manager in the development and implementation of company initiatives and projects
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of U.S. Customs laws and regulations
- Manufacturing FTZ operations experience
- 5+ years' experience in tariff classification
- 5+ years' experience in import compliance or U.S. customs brokerage operations
- Strong, demonstrable knowledge of the Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) and ACE importer reporting
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience with voluntary Customs initiatives such as C-TPAT, ISA, Trusted Trader, etc.
- Experience with SAP ERP, Global Trade Management and integration point application
Education / Special Qualifications:
- U.S. Customs Broker License
- Bachelor's degree, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Vision: able to see and utilize fine work tools, computer screens; able to move through office and from point to point to find specific co-workers and in-house experts.
- Hearing: able to hear in normal conversations and respond to warnings and signals.
- Speaking: able to participate in normal business conversations.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to use work tools defined in job description with skill and acceptable results; able to operate standard office equipment and utilize electronic id to enter building
- Carrying: able to carry up to 40 lbs./18kg. when transporting documents, printer paper and similar items. Lifting: able to lift up to 40lbs/18kg. on occasion.